Help your kids become a great readers with First Sight Words Professional. With a focus on the core vocabulary your children will need throughout their lives, First Sight Words Professional includes over 300 of the most common words in the English language.
Based on the Dolch Word List, this app uses the same child-friendly design and simple interface that made First Words one of the all-time best selling educational apps for iOS. New features make it the ideal choice for use in the classroom, the car, or on the couch:
* With over 300 words, First Sight Words Professional includes five levels of core vocabulary to take your child from pre-k through 3rd grade, plus a list of nearly 100 common nouns.
* Each sight word is paired with a MINSPEAK® icon. Designed by linguists, speech pathologists, and information technology experts, MINSPEAK icons provide clear graphics for the full core vocabulary.
* Word management lets you choose which sight words to include in each word list. Focus on shorter words, longer words, or words with particular letter combinations. Hide words that a child finds particularly distracting and include words you'd like the child to focus on.
* Category management lets you control which lists of words are visible to children using the app. You can focus on younger vocabulary, older vocabulary, or provide the full range of words.
First Sight Words Professional uses uses the same intuitive interface that has made FirstWords so popular with preschoolers, kindergartners, and kids with special needs. Your child will giggle with delight at the beautifully drawn pictures and matching entertaining sounds, all the while building an excellent foundation for early language and reading fluency.
First Sight Words Professional helps kids develop:
* Fine Motor Control
* Letter Recognition
* Phonemic Awareness
* Word Recognition
* Reading Fluency
First Sight Words Professional includes a large number options:
* Phonics or Letter Names
* Uppercase, Lowercase, or Capitalized Words
* Spell Words Slowly or Quickly
* Serif or Sans-Serif font
Here's what educators and reviewers have said about earlier versions FirstWords:
“FirstWords is an app that teaches letters and words in fun and interactive way. Very easy to use these apps will
help support your little ones learning with great illustrations and bright colors. Each app supports kids learning and
encourages kids to explore and discover by revealing, rewarding and teaching.”
-- Fun Educational Apps
“Excellent - As a teacher, I love this game! Just what technology was meant to do!”
-- iTunes Review
“This app has great settings that let you control the level of difficulty for the child – either with lots of hints
or almost none at all. The letters slide nicely into each word and when completed the child is rewarded by having the
pictured animal enlarge and animate briefly.”
--Carisa Kluver at Digital Stortyime
“FirstWords:Deluxe is a very straightforward word-building game. Words are either said letter by letter as they are
dragged into the appropriate gray boxes or, if chosen in the settings, a smaller set of words can be sounded out with
phonics. This makes this game a treat for both pre-readers and early spellers.”
--Common Sense Media
"FirstWords is a great app -- as I said at the time, 'Leo loves First Words because it's fun and easy. I love it
because he's learning to spell words, and the interface makes that learning error-free.'"
---Shannon Des Roches Rosa at Squidalicious