The free SwitzerlandMobility app is the perfect app for anybody who is out and about in Switzerland either in
summer or winter:
- maps of Switzerland from swisstopo (the best) up to a scale of 1:10,000
- 32,000 km signposted non-motorized routes (national, regional and local)
- complete network of signposted hiking trails (60,000 km)
- 600 routes for winter activities
- 25,000 public transportation stops linked to the timetable of the Swiss Federal Railways (planning a tour with public transportation was never easier)
- information on 4,500 points of interest on the way, such as overnight accommodations, bicycle service stations, etc.
- positioning system and compass function (you always know where you are)
- map orientation (the map turns and moves in viewing direction)
On purchasing a SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription you can additionally:
- use and save swisstopo maps for areas without network coverage (no more problems with dead zones)
- Recording tours (GPS tracking)
- download and store tours you designed, including elevation profile, hiking time, distance and altitudes (separately and easily)
- Requires device with Android 6 or later
- The app requires network coverage (useable without network coverage with SwitzerlandMobility Plus)
- Constant use of the GPS may considerably reduce the length of battery life
Excellent App! The only drawback I can see is that the App switches automatically into the standard mode (north on top, no automatic centering) if I change the map scale.
Jun 25, 2022
Since last update, the application crashes when you open it and is closed with a popup saying that there is a Bug.
Jul 02, 2022
The latest version is very unstable and often exits without any reason.
Jun 14, 2022