Explore and browse your local network. Search for Bonjour services like iTunes libraries, shared file systems,
AirPlay speakers, Apple TVs, AirPrint printers, Apple Remote Desktops, Mac computers, AirPort and Time Capsule devices
and so on...
Service Browser is a very powerful tool for discover the available Bonjour (Zeroconf) capable devices on your home or office local network.
Bonjour is Apple's implementation of Zero-configuration networking (Zeroconf), a group of technologies that includes service discovery, address assignment, and hostname resolution. Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records.
Typical Bonjour services:
• File sharing and Time Machine disk detection.
• Printer sharing and AirPrint.
• AirPlay audio (wireless speakers) and video streaming, screen mirroring (Apple TV).
• iTunes Library sharing, pairing and remote controlling.
• Home Sharing (iTunes, Apple TV), pairing and remote controlling.
• Remote login to OSX computer (SSH, Telnet).
• Screen sharing (VNC) and Apple Remote Desktop.
• Optical disk sharing.
• Apple AirPort family base station and status service.
• Remote Apple Events.
• Media streaming and controlling.
iOS uses a cache of Multicast DNS records to prevent hosts from requesting information that has already been requested. For example, when one host requests, say, a list of LPR print spoolers, the list of printers comes back via multicast, so all local hosts see it. The next time a host needs a list of print spoolers, it already has the list in its cache and does not need to reissue the query. The Multicast DNS responder is responsible for maintaining the cache; application developers do not need to do anything to maintain it.
• Search for available and currently running Bonjour services.
• Analyze and describe Bonjour service name, type, protocol, port, IP addresses and other properties.
• Show Bonjour host local name, domain name, MAC address (with vendor information), PING capability.
• Show default gateways, IP addresses, networks.
• Show DNS servers, search domain names, local MAC addresses, host name resolve.
• Depth external address analysis: ISP name, autonomous system name, whois, ping, regional internet registry info.
• Full offline MAC vendor database.
REACH UI FEATURES
• Info menu with feedback and privacy settings
• Use the camera icon (upper-right corner) to create and print/send/share a screenshot from the entire page.
• Pull down with your finger to refresh the information.
• Long press on a cell to copy/print/send/open as/share the cell value.
• Shake your device to refresh the information.