WORKS OFFLINE*. Largest on-call translation dictionary for the English-Spanish pair that works in any application running on your computer and instantly dispels all your linguistic queries by just invoking it with a customizable keyboard shortcut. It includes all our specialized terminology (Legal, Medical, Business and Technology) and natural-sounding voices in a variety of bilingual accents. Features include translations with definitions, examples, and quotes; results for each entry are easy to review while you browse in-depth for more information.
* Internet connection needed only for voices.
• Over 1,299,000 entries, 2,284,000 translations, 3,221,000 synonyms, 814,000 antonyms, 196,000 definitions, 96,000 examples, 146,000 quotes, 66,000 images.
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Embedded Tutorial.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards in American and British English.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain.
• Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations, with, without or even with misplaced accent.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag.
• 40,000+ Phrasal Examples cross-linked to 200,000+ phrases & their translations.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc.
- Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
Some Dictionary Curiosities:
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
- 20,189 names of illnesses, with corresponding translations
- 2,128 different types of viruses & translations
- 7,180 names of human body parts, & translations
- 550,000 classified entries in total.
- 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin.
- 4,500 + new difficult words
• Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours includes many definitions and related phrases.
Voices powered by iSpeech.