Sinhala Mobile Keyboard
`Sinhala Mobile Keyboard` is an integrated Sinhala Keyboard for iOS devices with iOS version 14.1 or above.
This app will bring you the two best Sinhala typing layouts available in the AppStore.
*** Enhanced Wijesekara layout ***
Wijesekara layout in Sinhala keyboard is an enhanced & highly optimized version of the traditional Wijesekara
layout. We have focused on designing a `user-friendly` and `easier to use` Wijesekara layout and our Wijesekara layout
will maximize & simplify your Sinhala typing experience with much fewer typing errors.
‣ type `pilla` twice to get the longer `pilla` (no need to use the shift button to move to shifted layout)
‣ long press for `Murdhaja` letter
‣ tap & hold the space bar to move the cursor
‣ auto-remove partial vowels or letters
*** Enhanced Singlish layout ***
Singlish is a transliteration layout for people who like to type Sinhala with equivalent English letter sounds. This
is the most popular layout on our keyboard with a superior Sinhala typing experience. This layout is much easier and
faster to use and anyone can type without any prior experience.
We have optimized and enhanced the performance of this layout with a completely re-designed Unicode rendering and powerful text building engine.
‣ ability to type normal socially accepted phonetic sounds without memorizing new & complicated key combinations.
‣ phonetic letter suggestion for faster typing eg. D will suggest all the letters with sounds like D, DH, etc - this is separate from word suggestions
‣ letter + H for `Murdhaja` letters eg. T & TH, P & PH etc
- ng, nd, etc for ganga, sandha
- gna, kna, etc gnaanhaya, sinkno
- bh, th, nh, etc thuupaaraamaya, bhaarathaya
- quick quiz: can you read this `gnaanapaala`, that is how you write it on this keyboard
*** English, Emoji & Symbol layouts ****
Fully featured layouts for English, Emoji & Symbols
*** Special features ****
‣ long-press on any key to change cursor position
‣ smart Unicode rendering (insert valid full Unicode characters without dangling/partial vowel symbols)
‣ double-tap on spacebar for period (dot) symbol
‣ double-tap on period (dot) key for comma symbol
‣ double tap on `pilla` symbol to get `longer pills` (e.g. double tap on Papilla to get Longer Papilla)
*** Customizable themes ***
‣ many pre-defined or fully customizable themes completely free
*** Advanced Features ***
‣ Sinhala speech to text in the base app (premium feature)
- unfortunately, we cannot integrate this module with the keyboard, due to Apple's restriction on microphone usage within the keyboard layouts.
User data belongs to the user, we will not collect, share or sell any kind of data belongs to our users.
*** Google Ads ***
Our only source of income is showing ads on this app. We use google ads for advertising and google may ask you to enable user tracking for targeted ads. We encourage you to not allow tracking when prompted, so google will provide general ads instead of targeted ads.
****How to install Sinhala Keyboard******
you can refer `Activation` section in the app for more details
*** Manual Activation ***
• Go to `Settings -> General -> Keyboards`
• Select `Keyboards` section to see activated Keyboards
• Tap on the `Add New Keyboard...` option
• Select `Sinhala` under the `THIRD-PARTY KEYBOARDS` section
• App will redirect back to the previous page
• Select newly added `Sinhala` from the activated keyboards list
• Enable `Allow Full Access` option (this is required to display Sinhala word suggestions)
• Press `Allow` from warning the prompt
Please visit our Facebook page for more details and don't forget to like our page.