codeSpark Academy is the #1 learn-to-code app for kids ages 5-10. We have hundreds of activities and games designed to teach kids the fundamentals of computer science and introduce them to the world of STEM.
“codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — ‘the ABCs of coding’— with no reading necessary.” - NPR
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles." - Parents' Choice Awards
The LEGO Foundation - Pioneer RE-Imagining Learning & Re-Defining Play
Children’s Technology Review - Editor’s Choice Award
Parent’s Choice Award - Gold Medal
American Association of School Librarians - Best App for Teaching & Learning
Apple – Editor’s Choice, Top Educational App & more
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
WHAT’S INSIDE THE APP:
Learn the basics of computer science by solving fun puzzles while building problem-solving and logical-thinking skills.
Master sequencing, loops, advanced sequencing, events, and conditionals.
Apply and expand your coding knowledge with fun coding and logical thinking challenges and games.
Teaches concepts such as boolean logic, automation, variables and inequalities, and stacks and queues.
Use code to create interactive stories with speech bubbles, drawings, and music.
Apply concepts learned in the app to code your very own arcade-style games.
Use our Remixing feature to see how other games were coded and even put your own spin on them.
Combine storytelling and game design to create unique games and stories in a fantasy setting for other kid coders to play.
Use advanced coding concepts to make trees move, build fortresses, and more.
Every story is moderated by our team before being published in the app to ensure the safety and privacy of all kid coders.
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own games and interactive stories.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* Subscription app with new content every month.
* Word-free. Perfect for beginner coders and pre-readers! Anyone, anywhere can start coding!
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions.
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* Cancel at any time.
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play and is perfect for beginner coders and pre-readers. Kids will master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.
CodeSpark is a good game to play for kids
Jun 28, 2022
My son loves the app, but after paying for the monthly subscription we are discovering “reward” items need to be earned by playing for particular time increments - one week, one month, two months, one year. Why is length of paid subscription time an incentive on items when content mastery should be …
Jun 27, 2022
Hi, I’m Bilal you see, What I love about this game is that ITS ALWAYS 💡and a few days later 💡! Now you see, YOU HAVE TO FIX THESE ANNOYING BUGS!!!!!! By the 5th or 6th I go back into edit into edit mode the characters sometimes hold their hands out wide like the way they look when you tap on the b…
Jun 24, 2022
Just suggestions 1:friends & group chat maybe these creative kid coders could send friend requests if they accept it you can invite them to adventure games, platformer games, and even stories to code it with you AND play it together maybe you can have a group chat. This was long. 2: customize tool m…
Jun 26, 2022
This is fun
Jun 26, 2022