Simple Stock & Crypto Trading App
Trade stocks & ETFs with Wealthsimple Trade with $0 commission. Buy & sell cryptocurrencies with Wealthsimple Crypto.
Commission-Free Stock Trades
We've built a low-cost, digital-first brokerage to keep your stock trades commission-free. We'd rather be your go-to for trading stocks than tack on a hefty commission.
The Simplest Way to Trade Crypto
Buy & sell coins on Canada's 1st ever regulated crypto trading platform in just a few taps. Deposit & withdraw your tokens with our wallet feature. There’s no long list of fees or account minimums. Just simple and secure crypto trading of 30+ cryptocurrencies (list below).
Stock Trading Made Easy
Whether you're a beginner or an expert, what you get is an intuitive and easy way to invest in the stock market.
$0 Account Minimums
Since there's no minimum you need to keep in your account, it's easy to buy and sell a small amount of stocks.
More Account Options
Open a personal investment account or benefit from tax-free capital gains and dividends with a TFSA or RRSP.
Safe and Secure
Our app boasts state-of-the-art security. Wealthsimple Trade accounts are CIPF protected in case of insolvency (CIPF does not apply to Wealthsimple Crypto accounts). Make deposits by securely connecting your bank account with RBC, TD, BMO, Tangerine and other financial institutions.
In The Press
- “A new free stock trading app is coming to Canada.” - Bloomberg
- “Robinhood of the North” - YahooFinance!
- “Opening an account takes minutes – compared with some traditional platforms that can take over two weeks.” - The Globe and Mail
1 inch (1INCH)
Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
Kyber Network (KNC)
Yearn Finance (YFI)
1. Wealthsimple Trade is offered by Canadian ShareOwner Investments Inc. (“ShareOwner”), a registered investment dealer in each province & territory of Canada, a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (www.iiroc.ca) & a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF) (www.cipf.ca), the benefits of which are limited to activities undertaken by ShareOwner. A brochure describing the nature & limits of coverage is available upon request or at CIPF.
2. Wealthsimple Crypto is made available through the Wealthsimple Trade app. Wealthsimple Digital Assets Inc. (WDA) offers Wealthsimple Crypto to Canadians under time-limited registration and regulatory approach coordinated through the Canadian Securities Administrators' Regulatory Sandbox. In jurisdictions of Canada other than Québec, WDA is registered as a restricted dealer. Crypto-assets purchased and held in an account with Wealthsimple Crypto are not protected by the Canadian Investor Protection Fund, the Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other investor protection insurance scheme.
3. Any securities and/or coins showcased are for illustration purposes only & are not recommendations or investment advice. Research before trading. Visit wsim.co/disclaimers for more information on our products, investment decisions, fee schedules, user testimonials & promotions.
4. ShareOwner charges a foreign exchange fee for USD trades equal to the daily corporate rate x 1.5%. wealthsimple.com/tradefees for fee schedule.
5. Indicated performance is historical for the period indicated. Rate of return does not take into account any fees or tax payable. Past performance may not be repeated.
6. During the promo, new clients who open and fund a non-registered Trade Account receive a cash deposit equal to a randomly selected share valued between $5 & $4,500. Must be age of majority & CAN resident (excl. QC). Full details at bit.ly/ws-freestock.
Many times i deposited money, after a few days deposit is denied for mo reason !!
Jun 30, 2022
If it ain't broke why fix it!!! I bet you like all developers, wealthsimple dev team don't change any of their dev backoffice. But they show productivity by the useless upgrades we get. (FYI I am a developer as well)
Jul 01, 2022
way cheaper than so many alternatives, and extremely easy. do it.
Jun 30, 2022
I have used this app for more than a year and I liked it when the icon was green in colour and displayed the information in an organized way at the tap of a button. Now, with this update, it takes longer to load up and is not as easy to understand. Don't fix what ain't broken. Don't make changes jus…
Jun 30, 2022
Used to be very good app, lately it seems each update introduces a new issue. Right now I have to use biometrics twice to get in the app. Often times my investment details are missing.
Jun 30, 2022