Our global coverage offers distinctive insight and incisive analysis. Start your 7-day free trial now.*
Each week over 1.5m subscribers trust The Economist to help them make sense of the world and the news. Join them by downloading The Economist app.
The app includes a daily selection of the best of our journalism, along with the full weekly version of The Economist newspaper to read or listen to on the go.
Already a subscriber to The Economist? Simply install the app and sign in with your Economist login details.
The Economist is an award-winning, trusted filter on global affairs, offering in-depth analysis of everything from business, finance and politics to science, technology and economics. It covers every region of the world including the United States, Britain, Europe, Asia and Latin America and it excels at big topics, from climate change and sustainability to the future of work and globalisation. The Economist is also available as a weekly magazine.
• Top stories: the latest news analysis combined with highlights from the weekly issue
• Economist The World in Brief: a short morning briefing on the day’s global news
• The Economist weekly edition: full access to the weekly version of The Economist newspaper
• The audio version of the weekly edition to listen to on the go
• A selection of our podcasts, including The Intelligence, a daily burst of illumination from The Economist’s worldwide network of correspondents
• A morning briefing on the day ahead
• Timely analysis of the world’s biggest news stories, updated by the end of the day
• The weekly edition available from 9 pm every Thursday evening London time
• Audio versions of the weekly edition read by professional broadcasters
• Reading times highlighted on each article
• Bookmarks to save articles for later or create personal reading lists
• Subscribe in-app and take advantage of our introductory subscription offer
• Subscribe in-app and take advantage of our 7-day free trial
• At the end of the trial, the subscription will automatically renew onto a monthly subscription at the standard price. Annual and quarterly subscriptions are also available in some regions
• You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by Apple. Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase
• All subscriptions automatically renew. Your account will be charges 24 hours before the renewal date, at a cost of £19.99/$19.99/€24.99 for a monthly subscription
Perhaps the best part of the economist is the audio of the magazine that isn’t some computer generated nonsense like the WSJ. The app is basically a book on tape for the magazine. What kills me is after all these years, they still haven’t added a sleep timer to their audio player. The magazine has l…
Aug 16, 2022
I love the economist and the app. I listen to it on my daily commute. Being able to keep up on news while in my car during residency at times has kept me sane. The one suggestion I would have would be to let the user alter the order of the articles that are read. That way in case there isn’t enough …
Aug 16, 2022
Aug 15, 2022
I purchased an annual subscription to The Economist and after six months I updated my iPad. On the new iPad I tried to restore the purchase unsuccessfully. Apple says they can’t do anything about it, not even refund since it’s been six months from the purchase and The Economist has sent me multiple,…
Aug 16, 2022
I’ve been a subscriber for more than 30 years. But my digital subscription stopped working, and the subscription services staff gets lost on itself and can’t sort it out. It is a real shame.
Aug 16, 2022