Get the latest breaking news from the BBC and our global network of journalists.
Stories are arranged in topics including top stories, UK news, world news, politics, business, technology and sport.
The app offers the BBC News Channel streamed live in the Video tab, social features and personalisation so you can re-order the news topics to suit your interests. Topics you have followed can be found in the My News tab, and can be re-ordered using the Edit function.
NB Please note that to refresh the app you should pull down on the main content area. See in-app help page for further details.
The BBC News app offers the following:
- Breaking news
- Top Stories and latest headlines
- Features and analysis
- Live BBC News Channel
- News clips embedded in stories
- An 'Edit' menu to personalise your experience and choose news that interests you
- Share news stories by email, Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp
- Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
- Refresh controls to see the latest stories and updates
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service. No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
You can choose to unsubscribe from BBC News push notifications in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
For attribution and analysis purposes, our data processor AppsFlyer collects the below information about you:
- Your device information, such as device type
- Your IP address to determine your location
- Activity data, such as the time you downloaded the app
- Which sites (if any) referred you to download and use the app
We also use this data together with your BBC account data to improve the BBC News service. You can opt out from AppsFlyer tracking by filling out their ‘Forget My Device’ form: https://www.appsflyer.com/optout.
The BBC News app uses technologies similar to cookies to measure audience behaviour. The app uses information collected through these technologies for internal purposes to analyse and improve the app, and help us give you a better experience. You can switch this off using the Send App Statistics toggle on the BBC News app’s Settings screen.
For more information about how and why we use information about you, please visit the BBC News App Privacy Notice: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/help-55320181
For more information about how the BBC processes your personal data to provide a personalised service to you, please
see the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy at https://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/privacy/how-does-the-bbc-collect-data-about-me/.