The free SwitzerlandMobility app is the perfect app for anybody who is out and about in Switzerland either in
summer or winter:
- maps of Switzerland from swisstopo (the best) up to a scale of 1:10,000
- 32,000 km signposted non-motorized routes (national, regional and local)
- complete network of signposted hiking trails (60,000 km)
- 600 routes for winter activities
- 25,000 public transportation stops linked to the timetable of the Swiss Federal Railways (planning a tour with public transportation was never easier)
- information on 4,500 points of interest on the way, such as overnight accommodations, bicycle service stations, etc.
- positioning system and compass function (you always know where you are)
- map orientation (the map turns and moves in viewing direction)
On purchasing a SwitzerlandMobility Plus subscription you can additionally:
- use and save swisstopo maps for areas without network coverage (no more problems with dead zones)
- Recording tours (GPS tracking)
- download and store tours you designed, including elevation profile, hiking time, distance and altitudes (separately and easily)
- Requires device with Android 6 or later
- The app requires network coverage (useable without network coverage with SwitzerlandMobility Plus)
- Constant use of the GPS may considerably reduce the length of battery life
Excellent App! The only drawback I can see is that the App switches automatically into the standard mode (north on top, no automatic centering) if I change the map scale.
Jun 25, 2022
Since last update, the application crashes when you open it and is closed with a popup saying that there is a Bug.
Jul 02, 2022
SYED HALIMUZZAMAN World, ☆-----'x
May 14, 2022
The latest version is very unstable and often exits without any reason.
Jun 14, 2022
Fantastic maps with (payable) option for trip planning and offline map. Guidance for planned trip could be much better.
May 10, 2022