App Annie’s Chief Product Officer, Aaron Mahimainathan, shares how the company is the first to deliver mobile market data and analytics, side by side. The company is applying its data science and machine learning to ultimately deliver predictive and prescriptive insights to customers.
Today, App Annie is taking a bold step in our mission to create the mobile performance standard. We are excited to share that we have acquired Libring, a leading mobile analytics company. Libring’s analytics product, coupled with our market intelligence platform, allows us to provide our customers with an entirely new mobile performance offering.
Over the past year, we’ve had many revealing conversations with leading publishers and brands. Many have shared how difficult it is to measure the business impact of mobile, or to get a full understanding of their user acquisition and ad monetization efforts. In fact, it is even harder to measure mission critical composite metrics like Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC), Lifetime Value (LTV), Return on Advertising Spend (ROAS), and most especially, Return on Investment (ROI).
The Libring team has developed a robust data management platform. The team is comprised of product-focused entrepreneurs who understand the complexity of the ad tech landscape. They built a platform that:
- Aggregates and normalizes data from across the ad tech industry, including Supply Side Platforms (SSPs), Demand Side Platforms (DSPs), app stores, attribution and analytics platforms.
- Presents data in a functional and intuitive dashboard, providing customers a 360° view of critical metrics.
- Combines ad spend and ad monetization insights from over 350 data sources.
We are delighted for them to join our product and technology teams and to take the Libring and App Annie platform even further.
App Annie with Libring
So you can see how excited I am about our joint product roadmap. We will be the first company to bring together market data and robust analytics, side by side, in one platform. Customers will be able to monitor their ad performance while also comparing themselves to the competition and against industry benchmarks.
- Receiving an alert about increased CPIs from a top ad network. Then, seeing a breakdown describing which part of the UA funnel drove that increase.
- Receiving in-depth reports describing the types of ads, audiences, and networks that provide the best eCPMs (effective Cost per 1,000 Impressions). And then merging that with in-app purchase revenue to get a holistic view of user LTV.
- Connecting your LTV with your ad spend to create a full picture of ROAS for the first time.
Now with our expanded portfolio, you can do all of that with App Annie.
In addition, App Annie’s data science expertise will allow us to offer predictive and prescriptive insights. Ultimately, our vision is to provide closed loop execution based on predictive insights.
We shared this vision with a few of our clients and are energized by their enthusiasm. Chris DeWolfe, the CEO of Jam City, told us, “App Annie delivers a wealth of data and insights that we rely upon to make decisions which help drive the growth of our business. The ability to better identify market trends and benchmarks using higher-level metrics will be of great value for us and any company working in the mobile app economy.”
We invite you to join us in shaping the future of mobile analytics. Customer input is vital and we appreciate your support as part of this journey. If you would like to participate in roadmap discussions, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Visit Libring to learn more about the offering. I also encourage customers to visit App Annie LABS for updates about this project and many more.
September 26, 2019data.ai News