Altimeter is an handy Android application allowing you to get true altitude above sea level (MSL) at your
current location or any location on earth. It requires access to your device location to get raw altitude from the GPS
signal. True altitude above mean sea level is determined using EGM96 Earth Gravitational Model. Main features are
• No network required (works offline and in flight mode)
• True altitude above sea level (AMSL using EGM96)
• Use Barometer or GPS Satellite
• Address at current location
• Save altitude at location
• Altitude accuracy estimation
• Horizontal accuracy estimation
• Altitude at any location
• Pick location on a Map
• Open photo geotags to display associated altitude
• Search for a location by name or address
• Universal Transverse Mercator coordinates (UTM)
• Military Grid Reference System coordinates (MGRS)
• Home screen widget to display altitude at current position
Network access is required to get the altitude of a location picked from the map.
Height above mean sea level (AMSL) is the elevation (on the ground) or altitude (in the air) of an object, relative to the average sea level datum. Normal GPS elevation considers the entire Earth as an ellispoid and differences up to 100 metres (328 feet) can exist between this ellipsoid height and true mean tidal height. The alternative, which is what we use in Altimeter PRO, is a geoid-based vertical datum such as the global EGM96 model.
Altitude vertical accuracy is defined at 68% confidence. Specifically, as 1-side of the 2-sided range above and below the estimated altitude reported, within which there is a 68% probability of finding the true altitude.
Jul 23, 2022
Simple works well
Jul 29, 2022
Jul 28, 2022
Jul 27, 2022
Tried so many over the years and finally an app with accuracy. Thank you!
Jul 26, 2022