The Leaf Spy Pro application allows anyone with a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle, Android device with Bluetooth and
a supported ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth adapter the ability to monitor their battery and other vehicle information normally
visible only to the dealer.
With the release of version 0.39.97 LeafSpy Pro now supports two Bluetooth 4.x LE approved adapters. The recommended one is the LELink available from Amazon. Bluetooth 4.x LE has the advantage of not needing to be paired and lower power from both the Android device and the Leaf. The LELink is highly recommended and also works with the iOS version of LeafSpy Pro.
The built-in help file is available as a PDF by sending an email with subject "Android PDF Help" to WattsLeft.email@example.com
Information displayed by Leaf Spy Lite & Leaf Spy:
* Voltage of each of the 96 cell pairs (highlighted if shunt active)
* Minimum, average, maximum cell pair voltages
* Histogram of cell pair voltages
* Battery Temperature readings (4 sensors for 2011/12 models, 3 for 2013 models)
* Battery AHr rating (this will decease with age and is an indication of remaining capacity)
* Number of Quick Charge connections
* Number of L1/L2 Charge connections
* EVSE Max available amps
* EVSE voltage
Additional information displayed by Leaf Spy:
* Battery energy level in GIDs & kWh
* Resetable energy usage meter (Wh resolution)
* Graphic display of SOC, GIDs and DTE (Distance to Empty)
* Remaining distance meter (miles/km) to Event (Low Battery Warning, Very Low Battery Warning or Reserve) based on user selectable energy efficiency
* Graphic display of battery temperature with min, avg, max temperatures
* Tire Pressure of each of the four tires with low pressure warning and delta pressure warning alarm (at the moment only for 2011-2017 Leafs)
* Ambient Temperature
* Logging function that records most data and optionally GPS location to a csv file that can be easily imported into excel.
The "Pro" version adds the ability to perform functions normally requiring a visit to the dealer.
* Change automatic door lock/unlock settings
* Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
* Register Tire Positions (required after tire rotation or seasonal tire changes so your Leaf knows the correct location of each tire on the car)
* Ability to reset DTCs from selected ECUs
* Control VSP Sounds on 2011-2017 Leafs. (Nissan disabled this function on 2018 and newer Leafs.)
* Clear P3102 DTC after a battery replacement.
Great - used it to track battery health over time, battery temps on a long trip. Plus it allowed me to enable auto door locks so all in all a great purchase
May 04, 2022
I have been using Leafspy pro since 2016 on a 24Kwh gen 1 leaf and also my 30Kwh techna 2015. This program is so useful and has never let me down, i wouldn't leave home without it. New features been added all the time and Tech support is first rate. Very happy customer.
May 04, 2022
Just installed update: It's pure genius plus skull sweat. Excellent insight into the workings of my Leaf, and now even helps me crack its CAN. I'd pay for it if there was a Super Turbo Platinum Chamionship Edition.
May 10, 2022
Keeps not sending any data to my server. Trying to use it to keep track of the car and its not exactly reliable. If I open the phone and app it works perfectly fine again. U gave it all the permissions I could on my android go cloud stratus phone.
May 16, 2022
I'm a new EV Driver of a 2015 Leaf so it's definitely a learning curve. Unfortunately my 65 year old brain oftentimes has trouble comprehending all apps.
Apr 16, 2022