Now with quizzes!
• “As you prepare for back to school, don't forget the anxiety...this app can help with that.”—iPhone Life
• “My 11-year-old daughter, who starts middle school in the fall...gave the app an enthusiastic ‘pretty cool!!’”—CNET
• “This book is really exceptional. It’s fun, hip and something youth will relate to.”—Digital Storytime
Middle school can be a serious pain with bullies putting you down, blowups threatening friendships, and real doubts about how you measure up. Good thing you don’t have to go it alone! Meet Mateo, Michelle, Jack, Jen, Chris, and Abby—six friends trying to figure out what middle school’s all about. Follow their adventures and watch as they work to meet new challenges and survive the social scene—without losing sight of who they are.
Be Confident is based on Book 1 of the award-winning Middle School Confidential™ series written by teen expert Annie Fox, illustrated by Matt Kindt, and published by Free Spirit Publishing. This graphic novel app enables readers to zoom right into the story world. With beautiful full-color illustrations and richly layered audio made up of movie-like sound effects and music, Be Confident will be a sure-fire hit with 8–14 year olds. As a bonus for parents and teachers, this app puts thought-provoking entertainment and solutions into the hands of teens who deal with these personal issues every day. It will challenge teens to think about their emotions and behavior in new ways and encourage them to make more respectful, cooperative choices at school and at home.
“This is good-quality targeted character education.”—School Library Journal
“A great use of iPad functionality.”—Kirkus Reviews
“...Reminds kids to take pride in their own talents and not to let peer pressure get them down.”—Common Sense Media
“Even the most reluctant reader will have a go at it.”—Fun Educational Apps
“I’d recommend it as a great resource for both kids and their parents.”—Brooks Jones
“A wonderful resource for this tricky, in-between age group.”—The iPhone Mom
“Plants the seeds of self-confidence in your child.”—The Wonder of Tech
“There are thousands of apps teaching reading and math, but not many developers are taking a shot at this... extremely important material.”—Smart Apps for Kids
“Ahead of the pack in creating a multi-sensory comic experience on the iPad.”—Corona SDK blog
“The graphics are brilliant!”—There’s a Book
• Graphic novel format for easy reading
• Eight interactive quizzes test what you would do in challenging situations
• Page swipe or touch page edges for easy navigation
• Auto-save feature remembers your place in the story
• Info page allows you to jump to the beginning of any of the 8 chapters
• 44 pages of story plus bonus Meet the Cast pages
• Two modes of reading: full-page mode or double-tap to zoom-in for frame-by-frame reading
• Movie-like sound effects and music (enhanced sound in zoomed-in mode)
• Compelling stories that deal with universal stumbling blocks for kids and early teenagers:
+ Self esteem
+ Body image
+ Out of control emotions
+ Friendship issues
+ Peer approval addiction (doing whatever it takes to fit in)
• Thoughtful solutions for teens grappling with personal and social issues
• Designed for the hard-to-reach “tween” age group, including reluctant readers
• Powerful addition to an advisory or character education curriculum
• Ideal for teachers who use technology in the classroom
• CCSS (Common Core State Standards) Aligned. Free Project Based Learning guide on our website.
Electric Eggplant is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to
promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-14
Categories: Books, Reading
Empfehlungen werden von den App Stores ermittelt und helfen Benutzern dabei, neue und beliebte Apps zu finden. Wenn bekannt ist, wann und wo eine App empfohlen wurde, lässt sich eine plötzliche Steigerung der Beliebtheit und der Download-Zahlen leichter erklären. data.ai verfolgt sämtliche Empfehlungen nach App, Tag, Land, Kategorie und Gerät.
Auch in 46 anderen Ländern und wahrscheinlich noch mehr in der Vergangenheit.