DraftCode includes the standard PHP stack including all PHP extensions typically available on a webserver (MySQL, SQLite, PDO, Curl, OpenSSL, FTP, XML, JSON, SOAP, GD and more). All code execution happens right inside DraftCode and works if your device is offline.
DraftCode by default includes PHP 7.3.16. An additional runtime for PHP 8.0.9 is available as an in App purchase.
(A complete phpinfo output of the current available runtime configurations is available on the DraftCode website, please follow the "Developer Website" link below. Please note that you can review current In-App purchase pricing on this App Store page under "Information" by tapping the triangle next to 'In-App Purchases")
- Execute PHP/JS/HTML/CSS without requiring an internet connection
- Runtime behaves like any webserver, supporting sessions, cookies, AJAX etc.
- Session inspector showing state of current session variables
- Includes and supports Composer for dependency management
- Internal keyboard support with coding accessory
- External keyboard support with additional keyboard shortcuts
- Multitasking and split-screen support on iPad
- Includes PHP packages like WordPress, Composer and more.
- Built-in preview browser behaving like Mobile Safari
- File workspace including support to zip, unzip, copy, move or duplicate files or folders
- Code import/export from iCloud Drive, other Apps or iTunes file sharing
- Kiosk mode that runs you PHP code fullscreen
- Script mode to run PHP scripts without a web context or timeout
- Integrates with WorkingCopy to connect with GIT
INCLUDED PHP PACKAGES
With just one tap you can run WordPress offline (using the included WordPress SQLite plugin) and develop themes and plugins for the popular platform.
Connect to EXTERNAL MySQL databases (MySQL is NOT included).
Work with local SQLite databases.
Use Composer v.2.1.12 to efficiently manage your dependencies. The package also includes an example project.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions please head over to DraftCode's website.
- DraftCode is not a webserver and running PHP code is not accessible outside of DraftCode
- DraftCode's runtime currently does not support re-write rules
- A MySQL database is NOT included. (We recommend using SQLite when working completely offline.)
This is a great tool in combination with version control to get an existing code base to run locally, make a few changes locally, and upload to test/deploy.Do not expect this to be a robust development platform like on a desktop. It is amazing enough I can run a full install of WP and make specific…
May 22, 2022