ScreenCast is Receiver App on Android for mirroring Android and Windows devices. The sender device can be a Google
Android device or a Microsoft Windows 10 PC which supports Miracast. The Sender device can also be a Google cast sender
like Android Phone or Chromebook or MAC/Linux/Windows. The Receiver App can be installed on Amazon Fire TV or Google
Android OS based devices including but not limited to Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Android TV, Android Set Top Box, Android
Phone or Tablet.
This app is highly useful for sharing the screen/audio content of sender devices with family, friends, colleagues, customers or business partners.
Instructions for using ScreenCast App:
1. Launch ScreenCast App on the Fire TV or Android Device. The App will start advertising the device as a Receiver. Default name of the Receiver is Device’s name suffixed with 'Neo-Cast' or 'Neo-Miracast'. Name with 'Neo-Cast' refers to usage of Google cast, while name with 'Neo-Miracast' refers to usage of Miracast mirroring.
2. On the sender Device, enable casting and select the Receiver's name from the list. Enabling the casting will vary from one sender device to other. Please check the sender device's user manual for instructions to enable mirroring using Miracast or Google cast. For mirroring using Google cast, the sender and receiver devices should be in the same network.
3. On the App, the list of Apple devices connected to the App are shown in semi transparent control-screen which slides out on touching ">". For unhindered mirroring, slide control -screen to left by swiping it to left or by touching outside the control-screen.
4. One can disconnect sender device and mute/unmute the mirroring by touching mirroring window in the App for about two seconds, or by going to control screen and perform disconnect and mute/unmute.
1. Miracast receiving does not work on Android 8 and above devices.
2. Miracast sender Windows 10 desktop (with Wifi dongle)/laptop PC should support WiFi direct for Miracast to work.
Disclaimer: Fire TV, Fire OS, Windows, MAC, Chrome, Chromebook, Android, Android TV are trademarks/tradenames of their respective owners.