Block annoying scammers who hide behind fake phone numbers.
Do you get unwanted calls or text messages from phone numbers similar to your own? With Number Shield, block an entire group of numbers at once. Just enter a wildcard for each digit you want to block.
For example, if your number is 714-555-1234, scammers might use a number like 714-555-6789. Block all similar numbers by entering 714-555-####. Wildcards and numbers can be combined in any order you choose. Block international numbers, too!
Use the "Allow Contacts" option to make sure you don't miss calls from your family and friends.
Block numbers directly from your phone's missed calls screen. Just follow these steps:
1. Tap the “ i ” button next to the missed call.
2. Tap “Share Contact”.
3. Tap “Block Similar Numbers”. (If you don't see this action, tap “Edit Actions...“ to enable it.)
4. Now you'll see the Number Shield number entry screen. Tap “Done” to block calls from similar numbers.
• Each number pattern can contain up to 7 wildcards, and up to 50,000,000 phone numbers can be blocked.
• Blocked calls are sent directly to voice mail.
• Blocked text messages are sent to the “Junk” filter in the Messages app.
• iMessage messages are not blocked.
• When “Do Not Disturb” is enabled on your phone, calls that should be blocked may appear in your phone's list of missed calls.
More information about caller ID spoofing in the United States is available from the FCC:
This is the most frustrating thing because one number with the same area code but different numbers is calling me about the same mess but it’s a robot and it takes up all my space. Then when I have someone important trying to call like a doctor or work, they can’t leave a voice mail because they too…
Jul 14, 2022
I doesn’t block the numbers in text like the bio said it wood glad it wasn’t expensive
Jul 29, 2022
It blocks the calls that you tell it to block. Needs an option to cancel the “blocking numbers” process. It requires the phone to be on and the app to be open. Takes at least 15 minutes. I typed in a wrong number and now have to wait until the numbers have been blocked, then wait again to have the n…
Jul 25, 2022
I really love this program it's completely killed my robocalls! Five stars!!
Jul 25, 2022
App worked well until today 7/13/2022 when it freezes saying “blocking numbers“ and will not allow editing, etc. Hope the developer is listening.
Jul 12, 2022